Nottingham Rugby
Nottingham Rugby

Nottingham Rugby

Nottingham Rugby were founded in 1877 as Notts Rugby Football Club and have been affectionately known as the ‘Green & Whites’ since the moniker was first given to the club back in 1886.

In 1904, after leading a nomadic existence since they were founded, the club settled at Rylands Road, Beeston, which later became known as Ireland Avenue, from 1947.

The club are famous for being involved in one of the first games to be played with a white ball, when they hosted Bradford at Ireland Avenue, in 1951.

Notts then became the first English club to appoint an official rugby coach, when Dai Roberts took up the post in 1966.

Find the ground

1 Holme Rd
West Bridgford

Our Partners