Vacancy | Rugby Sales Manager
29th September 2021
Doncaster Knights seek a Rugby Sales Manager to join the team at Castle Park.
The Club is looking to appoint an experienced sales professional to help drive the growth of our rugby sales and marketing strategy.
With live sport back in front of fans now is a great time to join the team behind Yorkshire’s only professional rugby union side – Doncaster Knights.
Sited within twenty acres of parkland, Castle Park, the home of Doncaster Knights, boasts some of the finest rugby union facilities in the North of England including seven rugby pitches, a stadium capacity of 5,000, extensive corporate facilities, gym, and conference & banqueting suites.
This role will give you the opportunity to manage the full life cycle of sport related sales including: lead generation, relationship management, networking with clients, negotiation, closing and full account management with existing and new clients.
This is a busy and varied position, that necessitates a flexible approach and willingness to work match days and unsociable hours on occasion, also attending events and other club gatherings as required.
Location – Castle Park, Armthorpe Road, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN2 5QB
Post Title – Rugby Sales Manager
Salary – £28,000 + performance related bonus.
Reporting to – CEO
Main Contacts – Members of the business community – local and further afield, Club sponsors and Club supporters, community representatives, Castle Park Office staff and Club Officials
Hours of Work – A flexible approach to working hours will be required to include to home match days and other club events as required.
Staff benefits – company phone, company laptop, business mileage.
AIM AND PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To drive and grow all rugby related revenue and community foundation income. Maximising sales in areas including but not limited to; sponsorship, hospitality, pre-match sales, season tickets, match day tickets and retail.
The successful applicant will develop relationships and revenue streams with current commercial partners as well as securing new business.
You will be responsible for commercial activities that boost the Doncaster Knights brand and be the primary contact person for all commercial activity connected with the Club’s rugby sector.
- To generate income for the Club through the sale of sponsorship and advertising.
- To maximise match day hospitality sales and utilisation, pro-actively reviewing current offerings.
- To ensure that relationships with all commercial Partners of the Club are successfully maintained.
- To undertake commercial activities as directed by the Chairman with a view to increasing revenue streams.
- To work closely with the Castle Park Events Sales Manager to drive sales and traffic to the Club
- To work and increase match day and season ticket sales, ensuring pricing structures are in line with the current market place.
- To prepare monthly written reports, on commercial activities and projections
- Be the primary brand ambassador of the Club within the business and the local networking community.
- Other tasks based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business needs.
Minimum Essential Requirements
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate most, if not all, of the following qualities:
- The ability to work as alone and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills.
- The ability to complete financial projection reports.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Computer Literacy
- Appropriate and relevant experience and/or qualifications.
- Previous commercial experience.
- The ability to create, deliver and present sales proposals
- Previous experience in a professional sports sales/marketing role.
To apply: Please email with your CV and Covering Letter to Kerry Young at email@example.com with the subject “Doncaster Knights Rugby Sales Manager” by 9am Monday October 11th.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Sales / Account Management: 2 years
Required education: Further education.
Required licence or certification: Driving License